Adversity is a part of life; everyone’s life has challenges and hurdles at some point. Resilience is a key factor in surviving and thriving during difficult times. CREATING RESILIENCE offers a strengths-based approach offering skills in Mindfulness Stress Reduction and Cognitive Behavior techniques to help you recover from crisis, adversity, loss and chronic pain.
Resilience is the learned ability to withstand, recover from and grow in the face of stress, adversity and changing demands. By understanding and accepting a situation, you change your role from victim to survivor. Resilient people develop action plans with goals, however small, to move them down the path of problem resolution. Resilient people bounce back and grow following life's challenges.
The good news is that resilience skills can be taught! Resilient people learn to live for a while in the darkness, while developing the necessary coping skills to adapt to their circumstances and find a “new normal”. They learn to be self compassionate, kind and non- judgmental with themselves as they go through their crisis. Many will even find a deeper purpose and meaning in life called post-traumatic growth. Margot Andersen, MSW, RYT will teach you resilience skills that resonate for you, resulting in a customized “Toolbox of Skills” that you can use throughout life.
Together we will develop an action plan that will enable you to:
- Accept your current situation
- Be present in the moment
- Be calm within the chaos of life
- Reframe your thoughts
- Eliminate catastrophic thinking
- Manage chronic pain more effectively
- Choose a direction based on your personal strengths, goals, and values
- Take action by developing a realistic plan for moving forward
- Be compassionate to yourself
- Approach life with a sense of humor
- Learn mindfulness techniques to decrease reactivity
Links and Resources